The Adventures of Dan Price

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 at 11:41 PM

Stepping in


Early morning fishing on the Sea of Galilee.

“How are we going to find the life that has no lust, no self interest, no sensitiveness to pokes, the love that is not provoked, that thinketh no evil, that is always kind. The only way is by allowing not a bit of the old life to be left but only simple perfect trust in God, such trust that we no longer want God’s blessings, but only want himself.” Taken from My utmost for His highest Oct. 23 Oswald Chambers

Clear my thoughts, clear my head,

Right things wrong, wrong things said

To much to analyze, so many thoughts, to much compromise

Bearing down on the line only to fall into the cracks-

I am climbing higher up that ladder, supposedly leading to life

Only to lead to lies, to end the compromise

I must redirect the thought line, I must revamp the execution

So many overwhelming feelings to bring into line to begin a revolution

It grabs a hold of me like a noose around my neck

Clawing scratching to get if off, there is no removal no ease of tension

The longer it maintains the grip, the less fight I have inside

It will only take one step across the line over the crack to slip to the other side

Stepping up, stepping in, climbing a different rung, praying a different song is sung

Can’t get out, must push in, deeper it takes me, to much deeper parts of me within

How much do I want it, am I willing to do all that it takes for this sacrifice

There is one who has gone before me, who has side stepped the competition, paid the price

So much on this journey, yet none set before me that I can’t handle

Into the darkness I step, faith the only guiding force, but the further I step the brighter the candle

Take control of all this now, blind me so that all I can do is trust

I refuse to give up, to much has been done before me that will ensure success

Grant me my hearts desire, fill in the cracks of the path to life

Cloak me in your armor, prepare me for war, I may die, but at least I will survive

“How are we going to find the life that has no lust, no self interest, no sensitiveness to pokes, the love that is not provoked, that thinketh no evil, that is always kind. The only way is by allowing not a bit of the old life to be left but only simple perfect trust in God, such trust that we no longer want God’s blessings, but only want himself.” Taken from My utmost for His highest Oct. 23 Oswald Chambers

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thirteen Days.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I should be doing a paper, but I am clicking on your ads.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very moving--powerful poetic expression of God's work in your inner life!  

~

Post a Comment